Ok, so what does this really mean? What can you possibly do with ONLY 15 minutes? The answer? A LOT!
It is not unusual to have only 15 minutes of time in between projects or meetings when we’d much rather have a larger block of time. But those 15 minutes can turn into having a very productive morning, afternoon or evening- if done right.
Most people report procrastinating on tasks or projects because they don’t know where to begin. When faced with this scenario, start out by creating a Success List/Checklist/ A Plan of the various tasks of the larger project. Be as detailed as possible. Now watch this, if you study those action items carefully, you’ll find smaller tasks within those larger tasks. There are several smaller things you can do that will only take a short period of time to complete or bring you closer to that bigger task These are the steps you want to zero in on when you’ve got a 15-minute chunk of time.
You can do a lot more than you think in 15 minutes.
- You actually start the task (this is huge)
- You end up finishing (this is even greater)
- You will probably end up doing more than 15 minutes (this is a breakthrough)
We’ve all heard how amazing it is to start your day by making your bed. Right? Well, yes..the reason why is because it does something for us psychologically. Its a mindset kinda thing. It just makes your room feel so much lighter and organized. Even if there’s clothes all over the place. Well, it only takes 30 seconds to do so.
Investing 15 minutes into YOU can help boost your career, manage your finances, strengthen relationships, reduce clutter, save money, improve your health, and lots, lots more.
These are some of the PRODUCTIVE and amazing things you can do with 15 Minutes:
- Pray. I mean really, like you can’t be too busy to give thanks and acknowledge the ONE who give you life.
- WRITE. W ether it’s in your journal, a new book or a letter.
- Organize your files on your desk
- Send thank you’s to your friends, co-workers, family members and connections for their love, support and assistance. Thank you’s may be through email or even a personal note on a card. Personal notes in your own handwriting are not as common as they use to be, but can create a lasting impression. The def put a smile on my face.
- Spend 15 Minutes 3 times a day- posting on social media. With a purpose of course.
- Stretch. First thing in the morning.
- Do a 15 minute run outside or a quick workout at home.
- Block out 15 minutes a day to speak to a loved one. No texting or emails. An actual phone call.
- GROW. Spend 15 minutes reading a book on personal or professional development.
- LISTEN. Play an audio version of a self help book or log onto YouTube to listen to a motivational message.
- Record a video for your YouTube page.
- Make 5 cold calls or email (for anyone selling something. Anything.)
- Research a topic you’re interested in.
- Take 15 Minutes to have a heart to heart with your kids. Not just, “How was your day at school.”
- Play a card game with your partner.
- Make and eat a salad.
- Plan your outfit and pack your bag for the following day.
- Practice a speech or short presentation.
- Get ready for a meeting instead of showing up unprepared. Define what you want to get accomplished.
- Create a survey.
- Find 10 companies online that you admire and want to apply too.
- Write out all your monthly expenses.
- Write out all your monthly ‘incoming’ funds.
- Do a 15 minute ab workout. Daily.
- Call your credit card company and get on a payment plan. Or anyone you’re owing money too.
- Organize your receipts.
- Read to your child. Daily. For 15 Minutes.
- Do the dishes. Never let it pile up. There’s no excuse for this.
This list can go on and on. But the BIG one for me is this, WRITE OUT YOUR PLANS and TO DO List the night before. You must start doing this. It’s a game changer!!!! Along with that, time block EVERYTHING!
You’ve got to BE the change you want to see in your life. Its starts with YOU. If you want to feel better, than DO better.